Start Date: Nov 1, 2015
End Date: Apr 30, 2019
Budget: € 7.286.959
Modelling Optimization of Energy Efficiency in Buildings for Urban Sustainability
MOEEBIUS introduces a Holistic Energy Performance Optimization Framework that enhances current (passive and active building elements) modelling approaches and delivers innovative simulation tools which:
- deeply grasp and describe real-life building operation complexities in accurate simulation predictions that significantly reduce the “performance gap” and,
- enhance multi-fold, continuous optimization of building energy performance as a means to further mitigate and reduce the identified “performance gap” in real-time or through retrofitting.
The MOEEBIUS Framework comprises the configuration and integration of an innovative suite of end-user tools and applications enabling:
- Improved Building Energy Performance Assessment on the basis of enhanced BEPS models that allow for more accurate representation of the real-life complexities of the building
- Precise allocation of detailed performance contributions of critical building components, for directly assessing actual performance against predicted values and easily identifying performance deviations and further optimization needs,
- Real-time building performance optimization (during the operation and maintenance phase) including advanced simulation-based control and real-time self-diagnosis features
- Optimized retrofitting decision making on the basis of improved and accurate LCA/ LCC-based performance predictions, and
- Real-time peak-load management optimization at the district level.
Through the provision of a robust technological framework MOEEBIUS will enable the creation of attractive business opportunities for the MOEEBIUS end-users (ESCOs, Aggregators, Maintenance Companies and Facility Managers) in evolving and highly competitive energy services markets. The MOEEBIUS framework will be validated in 3 large-scale pilot sites, located in Portugal, UK and Serbia, incorporating diverse building typologies,heterogeneous energy systems and spanning diverse climatic conditions.