Start Date: Nov 1, 2017
End Date: Oct 31, 2020
Budget: € 3.999.695
Planning and operational tools for optimising energy flows & synergies between energy networks
The PLANET solution is based on five core activity lines with several complementary activities supporting them. The main activities include:
- The modelling of conversion/storage technologies in order to enable planning, management and operation tools to properly account for their expected impact upon real deployment in the field. These technologies include:
- Power-to-Gas (P2G)
- Centralised and Local Power-to-Heat (P2H)
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- Virtual Energy Storage (VES)
- The simulation of the integration between electricity, gas and heat networks models, with conversion/storage technologies models, in order to understand how these conversions can affect network stability, reliability and responsiveness.
- The development of a holistic Decision Support System (DSS) that enables multi-grid operational planning and management considering synergies and energy flows between the electricity, gas and heat networks.
- Policy and market model impact assessment and exploration. Definition and promotion of proposals - punch-lists – for standardisation bodies
- Exploration and investigation of novel roles and business models